In Malawi, in spite of some serious health concerns this past year, Literacy Coordinator Maxwell Mpitanyanga, is seeing the fruit of his labours. There are large literacy classes springing up, some in primarily Muslim areas, and village leaders are asking for more people to be able to attend classes.
Maxwell continues to identify and train Literacy Tutors and has had the pleasure of presenting certificates of completion to classes in a number of areas who have finished both Book 1 and Book 2. Some classes have expressed the desire to continue beyond Book 2 with Bible Study.
In the Mpinganjira literacy class, 54 students completed Book 1 and will continue on to Book 2. Due to large enrollment numbers for the new Book 1 class, it was necessary to get 2 more teachers for Mpinganjira alone.
Maxwell also gives praise to God for getting his van on the road, as this provides both a source of income and a means of travel for ministry. He does, however, have some fairly urgent needs for funds to cover medical expenses.
Maxwell has expressed the following financial and Prayer needs:
• Pray for funds for ministry ($700 per three months )
• Pray for my personal support. ($500 per month)
• Pray for my children’s school fees.($225 for Shadreck per term and $780 for Margaret per semester. Both of them are at home.)
• Pray for my van insurance ($1,000. This is what we get some support from.)
• Pray for my medication funds (I need $450 for full medications. This is an urgent need)
If you would like to partner with Maxwell Mpitanyanga, you can do so by sending cheques to:Literacy & Evangelism International P.O. Box 468 Bobcaygeon, ON K0M 1A0
or donations can be made online through Canada Helps or PayPal via the links to the right.